An Orange Julius is one drink that is totally refreshing no matter what time of year. This beverage is packed with vitamin C from all the orange juice concentrate, lime and banana.
At our house, we love to serve this on Christmas morning along side our breakfast casserole and our chilled grapefruit and cranberry fruit salad. It’s been a tradition for quite a few years, and my Busy Baker 🍞 always looks forward to it.
You can dress it up to look special by having a sugared rim, putting citrus slices on the rim, sprinkling orange zest on top, twisting a thin orange peel, and adding colorful straws. Serve this special drink chilled and to enjoy it at its fullest.
Orange Julius is a delightfully refreshing beverage that is packed with vitamin C thanks to the orange and lime, and the banana and sugar provides the sweetness. Make this super easy beverage in your blender!
For the Orange Julius
- 6 fluid ounces frozen concentrated orange juice
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 lime, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup crushed ice
For the Garnish
- Half a lemon, sliced
- Half a lime, sliced
- Orange peel, curled into a spiral shape
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest
- 1/3 cup of sugar
Making the Orange Julius
- Peel and quarter the lime.
- In a blender, dump in all the ingredients except the ice. Blend until smooth.
- If you’d like to make this drink ahead of time, just cover the blender jar and put in the fridge.
- Just before serving, add the ice and blend until the ice is very small.
- Dip the top of the glass in a small tray of water, then dip in a small bowl of white sugar. This will give the glass a pretty look.
- Slice a lemon and lime crosswise. Cut each slice in half and display on the rim of the glass.
- Thinly slice a piece of orange peel and twist into a spiral shape.
- Zest a part of an orange and sprinkle the zest on top.
- Serve immediately with a straw.
- This drink can be dressed up for company or special breakfasts. Other ideas are striped straws, a small orange section, or an orange slice.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of ice to your preference.