Mint Oreo milkshakes are just the thing to whip up when you are craving something minty. My girls and I just love the classic combo of chocolate and mint. This shake has double the mint, so that makes it twice as good. 😋 The first dose is from the mint Oreos, and the second is from the mint leaves.
I just love a thick, creamy shake! Don’t you? And it’s so easy to achieve. Just use good-quality vanilla ice cream, plus whole milk, and you will have a winner every time. An easy way to adjust the thickness of the shake is to adjust the amounts of ice cream and milk until it’s just the thickness you want.
Finish your ice cold minty shake with a topping of homemade whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate syrup, and a cherry with a stem. It must have a stem. Add two paper striped straws and you are all set. Share your mint Oreo milkshake with someone special, or make up another batch and gather the whole family around. It’s just the thing to serve on St. Patrick’s Day, or when it’s hot outside. Oh, did I mention, you’ll have plenty of mint Oreo’s left to snack on while you enjoy your minty milkshake. 👍
Ready for second helpings? Check out these delicious recipes.
No Bake Frozen Grasshopper Pie: a make ahead mint Oreo dessert.
How to Make Non Alcoholic Irish Coffee: a quick Irish coffee drink.
Easy Homemade Whipped Cream: waaaay better than the canned stuff!Print
Mint Oreo milkshake is the perfect homemade treat to serve your kids for St. Patrick’s Day. It’s an easy, sweet drink that is fun to top with whipped cream, cherries, and chocolate. Whip this up for dessert tonight. Learn how to make this recipe in your blender!
For the Milkshake
- 8 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4 mint Oreos (If you want it more green, use the filling only.)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large mint leaves, minced
- green gel food coloring
For the Garnish
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- drizzle of chocolate syrup
- sprinkle of mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 maraschino cherries with a stem
Making the Milkshake
- Take out your blender, two tall glasses, and straws.
- Wash, pat dry, and mince the fresh mint.
- Put 8 scoops of vanilla ice cream in the blender. Break up 4 mint Oreos and put them on top of the ice cream, then pour in 2 cups of milk. Keep the last cup for later, if needed.
- Slice up half a banana and put it on top of the Oreos. Add the vanilla, chopped mint leaves, and the green food coloring. Blend until the desired color and thickness. If necessary, add the last cup of whole milk.
- Pour the milkshake into two tall glasses.
Garnishing the Milkshake
- Whip the whipping cream using a hand mixer and a little sugar until it holds stiff peaks. Put the whipped cream in a piping bag that has a plain round nozzle or a star tip. Pipe the whipped cream slowly in concentric circles on top of the shake.
- Drizzle on the chocolate syrup and sprinkle mini chocolate chips on the whipped cream if you’d like. Pick a pretty cherry with a stem to go right on top.
- Serve immediately with 2 paper striped straws.
- For a greener shake, use only the mint filling from the Oreos instead of the whole cookie.
- If you like thick shakes, add your milk in gradually. Adjusting the amount of ice cream and whole milk.
- If you are serving this to a group, you might want to put out bowls of different toppings so they can customize the garnish for their shake. Things like mini chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, cherries with stem, whipped cream, green or chocolate sprinkles, or crushed up Oreos.