Antipasto salad is chock full of delightful surprises. There is a little bit of everything in this salad. For those who crave something salty, the Kalamata olives, capers, and green olives will do the trick. For those who like things a little more spicy, throw in more peperoncini. For the meat lovers, there is mild Genoa salame and proscuitto.
For all the veggie lovers, the roasted red peppers, marinated artichoke hearts, grape tomatoes, and red onions will please their palette. Oh, and I can’t forget the cheese lovers! 🧀 Julienne up some lovely white Provolone for some extra yum!
Toss all these wonderful ingredients together with a homemade Italian dressing, and you will have a gorgeous salad to serve at your next special event this holiday season.
This delicious antipasto salad mixes olives, capers, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, two meats, provolone, grape tomatoes and red onions with Italian dressing.
For the Salad
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, julienned
- 1/4 pound Genoa salame, julienned
- 3 ounces Prosciutto Di Parma (Parma ham)
- 1/3 cup red onion, sliced in strips
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 cup green olives
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 12 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained
- 8 peperoncini
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
Making the Salad
- Julienne the provolone and the Genoa salame.
- Fold the proscuitto slices in half, then roll them up and cut each one in half to look like a rose.
- Slice the red onion in thin strips.
- Wash the grape tomatoes.
- Drain the olives, capers, artichoke hearts, red peppers, and peperoncini, then place them in a large mixing bowl. Add the cheese, Genoa salame, and red onions to the bowl.
Making the Dressing
- Combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and spices in a medium bowl. Whisk together until well blended, then pour over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Arrange the salad on a large platter. Place the proscuitto roses throughout the platter. Arrange the peperoncini around the outside edges.
- All the ingredients can be prepped ahead of time and quickly assembled just before dinner.